El Castillo


Advertisement
Published: February 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our Arrival

The boat took 3 hours and we arrived at 3pm.



Where We Stayed

Hospedaje Universal - $10 for a room with shared bathroom. $18 with private bath. Lovely place with firm mattresses and pillows, crisp white sheets and river views from 2 rooms. Nice balcony with river or street views and rocking chairs. When you get off the boat turn left for a few metres. They can also arrange tours.



What We Did

Visit the fort - $2 admission with a museum attached with English signs.

Watch a baseball game - on Sat or Sun

Caiman Tour - $40 for 4 people booked through our hostel. Saw mostly glowing eyes. The guide caught 2 baby caiman's with his hands and brought them on the boat for us to look at.



Where We Ate

Comedor El Randal - C$50 for meat, salad and plaintain chips or C$30 for nacatamales.

Hostal Mananjial - C$50 litres of beer for take out. Make sure you return the empties.

Bar and Restaurant Daryl - litres of beer for C$60 but food is expensive.

When the boats come in there are people selling plates of food and parcels filled with meat and rice in the port.



Where We Went Next

We caught the boat on Tuesday to San Juan Del Nicaragua. The fast boat leaves at 8am and you need to make a reservation. Buy a ticket from the shop at the port with the tour signs above it. You can also buy slow boat tickets on the day of the boat which leaves the same day at 9am. The slow boat takes 7 hours and cost C$280. Look out for crocodiles, caimans and turtles.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.276s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0761s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb