Faces and Doors of Leon


Advertisement
Published: February 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

My 3 hour journey from Granada to Leon, Nicaragua cost me $3.00. It was a 13 seater bus with 24 people in it. Everyone but the driver and I had a baby in their lap. I have never seen happier people. If you thought money brings happiness, visit Nicaragua. More smiles here than any "first" world country.

Love can and does exist over decades and some don’t fully appreciate the significance until it has historical context. A very good friend of mine’s lover passed away over the holidays. It was a passionate on and off love affair that lasted decades. They found love letters he never sent her that expressed his true feelings. Life is too short friends, speak your mind.





Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



1st February 2012

Straight & Simple
Thank you Dan ! The pictures convey so much - the simplicity and the innocence. The snippets about the bus ride, and the unsent love letters express so much more than just the words you have written. You have chosen a lifestyle that is immensely rich, fascinatingly free, and full of discovery. These posts are anchors in a reality that has been increasingly obscured by the mundane and the meaningless. Keep travelling Dan. Keep writing, and keep sharing.

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb