La Playa Las Penitas


Advertisement
Published: February 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The German OrchestraThe German OrchestraThe German Orchestra

While waiting for the bus back to town a bus arrived at the beach carrying the orchestra we saw on Valentine's Day. They were posing for photos and videos so I jumped in and took a few photos and a video myself. They are staying at the backpackers hostel down the road from where we are staying, perhaps we will hear them again this evening. The beach won't be as deserted today, however, I think there is plenty of room for all of us. Like I said, there are several miles of nice beach here.
Hola once again,

Well I know I just bored you all with a very long posting, so I will try to keep this short. We left city Leon for a beautiful beach not too far from the city called Las Penitas (there is a tilde over the n, I just can't find it on this keyboard). Of course as soon as we arrived at the beach I realized I forgot to email the school in San Juan del Sur to arrange more classes so I caught the bus back into the Leon this morning to find a computer. While on the computer I figured I may as well email you all again.

We had a great Valentines Day watching the German Orchestra. Apparently the group won some kind of competition and is touring Central America playing concerts along the way. What we caught was an unscheduled appearance at a backpackers hostel here in Leon, where 17 of the 27 in the group played for us. The place was packed with travelers from around the world and also many Nicas. It was really a fun time.

The next day we moved on to Las Penitas, and wow, what a
La Playa  Las PenitasLa Playa  Las PenitasLa Playa Las Penitas

Here is a photo of the nice beach we are staying at this week. Next week we return to the much busier and much smaller beach in San Juan del Sur. We are not sure why so much hype around San Juan del Sur as opposed to Las Penitas. San Juan del Sur is a real estate hot spot right now. Maybe I should be keeping Las Penitas a secret.
beautiful deserted beach. Apparently it is a second home community for the wealthy Nicas. The place is pretty much deserted in the middle of the week, so it is like having miles of coastline all to ourselves. There are a few other travelers, but not many. Come the weekend we are told many others will come to the beach, but for now we will enjoy it to ourselves.

We have very nice accomodations right on the beach at a place called Hotelito Oasis, a great place to relax and review our Spanish lessons before we return to school next week. This morning a couple from England that we met at Selva Negra arrived at the hotel where we are staying, so we had an enjoyable breakfast with them comparing our travels of the last week. It is funny how we run into the same travelers along the way, that happened often last year as well.

Well I will keep this short as I am anxious to catch the bus back to the beach. Hope all is well with each and everyone of you. I talked with Mom and Molly on Valentines Day, they were both pleasantly surprized. We will see you all in a month.

Love Kathy

Advertisement



17th February 2006

Walk the beach
Hi you guys, take a walk on the beach for me. We are in a cold spell again, no snow here but an arctic cold front keeps temps. low. So glad you are keeping us snow bunnies informed on your great trip, keep it coming!!!!!! Love, mary
23rd February 2006

Jealous? Yeah.
Glad you're enjoying yourselves. Send some of the warm air to us.

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb