Esteli


Advertisement
Published: April 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our Arrival

Our minibus from Leon dropped us off at the North bus station on the main highway. We walked right up the Panamerican Highway, then turned left towards the Cathedral to find a place to stay.



Where We Stayed

Hostal El Albergue - Calle 3a NE just west of Avenue Central. C$400 for a double room with bathroom and TV and free purified water and coffee.



What We Did

Visited Somoto Canyon - we booked a guide through Sonati hostal which cost $25 each for the longer trip. They called the guide who met us at the bus stop in Somoto. To get to Somoto we caught the bus at 6:30am from opposite the garage on the main highway near Calle Transversal. It took about 2 hours and cost C$28. We were met by our guide at the bus station and caught another bus towards El Espino for a short trip to the canyon C$9. There were people touting for business at the bus station in Somoto if you haven't already got a guide. Our guide only spoke Spanish. Through the canyon you hike, walk and jump off the rocks. Well worth a visit. The guide had a waterproof bag for all of our stuff. On the way back from Somoto we caught the 2pm express Managua bus to Esteli which took 1 hour and cost C$35.



Where We Ate

On Avenue 1 NE 1 block south of the central park there is a food stall/BBQ selling mix of meals for C$50 each.



Where We Went Next

We went to El Savador through Honduras.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.318s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0719s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb