Imagine you can touch the stars


Advertisement
Published: February 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Last night I went scuba diving on my first night dive. As luck would have it, the plankton was bioluminescent. This means that 50 feet below the surface, when we turned off our underwater lights, we were surrounded by natural lights in the form of glowing plankton. Imagine the brightest starry night you have ever experienced in your life, out in the middle nowhere, with no city lights and no moon at all. The stars were so bright, they all looked like north stars.

That is how bright the glowing plankton was. Now imagine that you can touch the stars. You can reach out grab the stars and hold them in your hands. From the ocean bottom all the way to the surface, you are gliding through these beautiful bright stars that you can reach out and touch. You are traveling through outer space in water, because the zero buoyancy of scuba diving is like the zero gravity of outer space. We were gliding through the universe like a space craft passing through the glorious stars, and touching them as we glided by.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioluminescence

Little Corn Island, Nicaragua. No cars, no roads, no airport; no worries.

Call Michelle at Dive Little Corn: http://www.divelittlecorn.com/cms/

I won't get a penny for referring you, but you'll thank me. Its time to start living. Ready, set, go.


Additional photos below
Photos: 43, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



12th February 2012

Touch the Stars!!
Whoa!! diving at night. I didn't even know you knew how to scuba dive. You are a man of constant surprises. No wonder you have a hard time staying in one place. Would that I were 50 again, I'd try it. Love, M
2nd June 2013

Fabulous!
I believe I can touch the sky...
2nd June 2013
Photo 13

Dream office...
:-)

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb