Marin


Advertisement
Published: September 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We left the Fort area headed for Marin, we stopped in at some of the anchorages on the way. Arriving in Marin we found Chateau anchored out. We had a few drinks with them. They gave us pin pointers as to what and where to go. There is a very nice hurricane hole in this area. The marina is huge. All med style mooring. We paid 9 Euros for 1 gallon of diesel. Ouch!! We only put 10 gallons as we were headed for St Lucia next and had been told this was the cheapest place to fuel up and propane was readily available, so we waited.
There is a charter company out of France named SWITCH. They have 2 catamarans that are 70 feet long, amazing. Any charter company you can think of is here.
The beach at St. Anne"s is one of the favorite ones for the cruisers in the Eastern Caribbean.
We did a lot of exploration by dinghy. There is a Leader Price with it's own dinghy dock for provisions.
The local boats are a bit different than the ones from the Bahamas. These do not have a keel. Only 1 sail and it is square, see the pics. they do have hiking boards, a local power boat accompanies these sailboats, bateau, as some fall over board and need to be picked up. It is an amazing feat!
We had a bit of difficulty with the French language. Maribel's is so basic, and has not practiced in so long...We went to dinner, asked for 2 caribe beers, we were brought Lorraine beer instead, which is nasty. Did not know what to order of the menu, so we knew that beouf is beef, Maribel ordered carpacio de beouf, Pete told waiter deu (two). After a long wait, dinner finally appeared. Were we in shock. Had we actually ordered this? Maribel said to Pete, serves you right for copying me, and laughed.
It was raw beef, sliced very thin, it was delicious, if you can get past what your eating...
The wine still cheap here, 1.99 euro per bottle, and French to boot.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 67; dbt: 0.1246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb