Beautiul Island


Advertisement
Published: April 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We survived our first trip with kids out of the country and the flight was as bad as I thought it would be. Cameron (4 yrs) could not keep still and was constantly kicking the chair in front of him, forcing the passenger in front us to change seats so as not to turn around and strangle him. Katie (Ms. Princess) slept most of the way and woke up in time to realize that we left her favorite doll, then it was hell to pay after that. The flight on Air Jamaica was good despite the fact that my children were driving me insane and my husband decided to give up calming them down after about 1.5 hr into the flight and left all the work to me (typical men). We arrived in Jamaica about 11am and was thrilled when there was hardly any lines at immigrations (word of advise - take a morning flight, less persons at the airport and more time to spend at your hotel).We went through customs with a breeze and were off to JTL to catch our free shuttle to the resort. My 4 yr old was finally fast asleep but my 6 yrs old was lagging behind because we forgot her favourite doll - I hope this one mistake doesn't ruin our vacation. We got onto the shuttle at about 11:45am and waited for about 15 minutes, then we were off to our dream resort. Everyone is so friendly here and always willing to help. We stopped on the way at Scotchies Restaurant for some "jerk chicken and pork" which was a little too spicy for my blood but the husband loved it! We had to try the famous red stripe beer of course, by this time the kids were fast asleep. After stopping at about 4 hotels to drop off other vacationers, we arrived at the resort about 1.5 hours later. Now time for our vacation to begin...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb