Day 4 - In Jamaica


Advertisement
Published: June 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

View to te EastView to te EastView to te East

The dock, the beach loungers, not crowded because it is early. We've seen two weddings on the beach so far.
Day 4 - In Jamaica.

Today, we thought we would let the kids enjoy camp, where they do activities like tie-dying a shirt, snorkeling, ride in the glass-bottomed boat, all while mom and dad enjoy the sun and beach, and take in some other activites that kids would not enjoy.

We all got a 50 minute massage. It was a couples thing. These seem to be enough weddings around here that they put two massage tables in one room, they work you over, and you are very relaxed. They leave, you put your robe back on, then they bring you some water. Drink lots of water after this they say. It was very relaxing indeed. we carried the camera around all day, but were so busy making appointments (got to have a picture made on the island) for tomorrow, that we took 5 or 6 pictures, and were just enjoying ourselves.

I will try to do better tomorrow, so that all of you can at least follow along. No karioke tonight, but they did have a steel band on stage tonight. Wow, some real calypso music, I thought. They start at 8:00. We finished in the restaurant about
DadDadDad

I look tired, but it is only 10 o'clock in te morning. Must be the sun.
7:50, went back to the room to put the kids down, and let Todd & Yvette go hear the music. Our room is about 100 yds from the stage, so I thought we would be able to hear the music from our patio. (I know no pictures of the room either, the patio, or anything)

Well, we could hear the music, and if they had a steel drum on that stage, I couldn't hear it. I did hear a snare, base, but no steel. And, the Calypso was not the style I liked to listen. It wasn't Ragae, it wasn't calypso, it wasn't new age, it wasn't country, it some attempt at a mix of all 4, an American version of Calypso perhaps.

Speaking of great Calypso, We did hear some in the airport when we landed. There were 4 guys, one sitting on a box like a tool box, with a seat, playing some kind of guitar, with the strings running below his legs, another playing some marimbas, and two more doing a great job singing. It wasn't in English, but I could have listened to them all day. Maybe we can hear them when we leave
HoneyHoneyHoney

She looks fantastic as always.
Friday. If we go in through the departing terminal maybe. :-)

This is a short note, but we will be able to share more tomorrow, and come home Friday. This little wi-fi dongle of mine died the first day, so I am having to share Todd's computer at night, when he isn't checking on business and things going on back home. He has been very nice letting me use it. There is a kiosk in the lobby, but they charge by the minute, and have a lousy internet connection.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Daughter like mother.Daughter like mother.
Daughter like mother.

They both looked like they are fresh and ready for the day


Tot: 0.266s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0628s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb