Ocho Rios, Jamaica


Advertisement
Jamaica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Jamaica » Ocho Rios
February 18th 2007
Published: February 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

This was by far the best island of the trip. Not for its sheer beauty typographically speaking but the people were beautiful, This is a poverty strickened land but the residents are nothing less than spectacular. They laugh, they sing, they dance!

The first thing i did when i got off the boat besides getting in trouble for bringing produce off the boat was get on a bus to innertube this river i think called the white snake river or something. the kids that ran it were amazinly in shape and they would run down this river up banks keeping up with us on tubes. This was a cruize of a ride not many rapids or that fast but it was definatley fun. you get to see some of jamiaca out of the city and the river runs right by the fisherman cleaning the fish from the days catch. After you get to the bottom of the river they let you chill on this secluded beach for an hour with a private bar. It was a very nice ride and cheap as well. i definately reccomend this short adventure. They also stopin the middle of the river and let you off for a rock jump and or rope swing.
This trip also gives you time to see other parts of ocho rios becasue you have some time left over.

When i got back to town i had to buy this rasta hat! it had dreadlocks coming off it and from now on the locals called me bob marley; even on grand cayman! Outside this shop there was a duty free shop selling liquor, very good prices because there is no tax. Right outside there was a bartender giving free sample shots. I made friends with her and she gave me an unlimted tastes of liquor and then her friend came over and had me make announcments over the intercom. I did my best jamiacan accent and told them where to get the free shots haha.

I then went over to margarita ville which is pretty popular. get ready to pay us prices on drinks and food. but it was a party! theres a pool and crazy slide right in the middle of the bar, also its a wet bar so u can swim up to it. the time i went it seemed like every girl had their shirts off! so i stumble out of that bar and find this local playing bongos and i chill with him for a bit. he invites me to play with him and we ended up jammin for a 1/2 hour singing bob marley songs! we even got a few tips!! it was a definate highlight for me i was so excited to play with him. My drum skills weren't that tight but it was fun none the less. There's a good cigar shop right by margarita ville where they rolle em right in front of you with fresh local leaves


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



14th May 2007

Laughing w/ U or Laughing @ U?
Are the people generally welcoming and as willing to have a good time as you are? Or do peole make fun of what you do because youre foreign??
25th May 2008

domingo
i feel that people opinions have little effect on me and as soon as you master that your vacations will be much more enjoyable. people are just people, if you make them smile more power to you. the snobby people that look at life that way i don't want to meet. i'd say 90% of the people love being around me espeically locals. so relax a little on your next holiday and see how well it goes.

Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb