Dunn's River Falls


Advertisement
Published: July 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Falls at resturanteFalls at resturanteFalls at resturante

This was a waterful we had lunch under
Today was a very long, but very fun day. We started off by waking up early, 8:30 am, slathering on some sunscreen, swimsuits, and beach towels, and heading down to meet our tour bus by 9. The bus left promptly and we were on our way to Ocho Rios for a long day. It took about an hour to an hour and forty five minutes by bus to get from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios, but this is only because the highway is two lane and the speed limit is 80 KPH aka 50 MPH aka SLOW.

Once we arrived we went to two souvenir shopping centers and spent too much money. Then we went to a crafter's market, which was one of the strangest experiences I've ever had. These people live in extreme poverty here in Jamaica and this was beast described as a cluster of huts that people were selling things they had made out of them. They harass you and try and get you to buy their stuff, and won't let you leave their stall. They continuously bargain with you too, going lower and lower. Kenji and I both bough a couple of small things.

After
Bigger view of FallsBigger view of FallsBigger view of Falls

run off from Dunn's
that, we went to eat lunch. The place was nice, but the food was only mediocre. The cool thing was it was at the edge of Dunn's River Falls, so the runn-off from the falls was present. This was pretty neat and I've included some pictures.

Around 2pm we got to the meat of the tour: Dunn's River Falls. Due to the nature of the "wet" falls, I don't have any pictures I took, but I've enclosed one I found on google.

The falls was possibly one of the coolest things I have ever done. As Tedford would say; it was a hoot and a half. We started at the bottom and climbed up 980~ feet of stair stepping water falls. There were various points where we stopped to slide back down, or dip into a big deep pool spot. It was so much fun, Kenji and I both enjoyed it.


Tonight, we are exhausted. Its time to eat, rest, and go to bed early as we have Zip-lining through the jungle tomorrow!

No problem mon!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Kenji, eatingKenji, eating
Kenji, eating

Lunch at the falls!
Me, fallsMe, falls
Me, falls

Me by the falls!
Kenji, fallsKenji, falls
Kenji, falls

Kenji by the falls


24th July 2010

love pictures
Wonderful! Love the pictures of you both. Glad you had a good day. Zip-lining sure sounds like fun. Love, Nama

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0634s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb