Easter Sunday in Santa Rosa de Copan


Advertisement
Published: April 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Presidential candidate Presidential candidate Presidential candidate

Team members pose with a presidential candidate Salvitore ???? At the airport in San Pedro Sula
Roosters crowing, dogs barking, and firecrackers popping. This is how our day began at 4:30 this morning. Revelers celebrating Easter lit the fire crackers, which made the dogs bark, and likely had nothing to do with the roosters crowing. However, we got up and went to watch the sunrise Easter parade through the streets. We marched along with the residents of the city as the statues of Jesus, Mary and other Saints danced through the street on their way to church. It was all very festive and a unique experience.

A yummy breakfast of local watermelon, eggs and pancakes was followed. We then loaded into our bus with Luis, our driver and Max, our local guide for the day. We traveled by bus to Belen Gualcho. There we toured a 500 year local church. This included a trip to the roof for a view of the village and an interesting perspective. We waked around a local market which basically had Unitarian goods. We drove to another town for a delicious restaurant lunch followed by a trip to a local coffee shop to sample the local brew.

late afternoon was spent enjoying the good old AmErica's pastime of NCAA college
BaleadaBaleadaBaleada

Matt enjoys a local favorite at the airport
basketball. Sorry to see Duke lose. Off to bed early tonight to be well rested for rut first day on the worksite tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb