Copan Ruinas


Advertisement
Published: June 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

One day in San Pedro Sula was enough. No backpackers around and not all that safe in most parts. We took a bus to Copan Ruinas to see the ruins of a once lost Mayan city.

We arrived in Copan in the late afternoon and our hostel, Iguana Azul, was overbooked and we were unable to stay there. We went to the next hostel that had WIFI since Macayla requires that at every stay and found the Via Via Cafe and hostel. This place has a great vibe and Abel is fantastic with lots of information and helpful tips. Abel suggested purchasing tickets to Macaw Mountain, a bird sanctuary, which we decided to do first. This sanctuary has several different types of Macaws, Toucans, owls, and various other birds. Macayla was quite pleased with the interactive area where those who visit may hold some of the birds. A real highlight to the day.
In the afternoon, we visited a butterfly house and found that it did not have many butterflies. Certainly not worth the deniro we paid to get in. It may have been better if they still had the 150 types orchids they boasted in the guide book.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



1st July 2011

lol
love your post did ya'll have to popo a lot! lmao I'm so glad ya'll are okay I love the pictures keep us posted

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb