Thursday (delayed)


Advertisement
Honduras' flag
Central America Caribbean » Honduras » Bay Islands » Roatán
December 12th 2008
Published: December 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Local floraLocal floraLocal flora

watch out for falling coconuts!
Thursday was yet another fantastic day! A beautiful 6am sunrise started the day off right! This was our last day of diving . . . so of course we made the best of it (and the most of it - with hour+ long dives). We (Todd, his dad, and myself) did a deep dive today at Forty Foot Point, which was great! Going deep is my fav. I've been focusing my underwater attention on the little guys most people fly right over. Lots of little yellow-headed jawfish and garden eels to watch everywhere! We've gotten good at spotting them. It's very interesting to see their behaviors - each creature is pretty distinct and yet very common in their own ways. Some little fish have the territorial behavior and charge the camera, while others are shy and veer away at the slightest movement by divers. (all species are becoming very predictable and all are fun to watch.) It's funny how the underwater world seems to operate similar to our world - yet it's soooo different.

Thursday afternoon we dove the wreck of the Mr. Bud - always a good dive on a wreck. We went inside and played around in the engine room and the bridge before stepping out to view the creatures in the sand.

And then we did our last and final dive of the trip on Cocoview Wall =(
A reverse thermocline was in and the water was nice and warm under 40' and boy was it chilly in the shallows! You could even see the mixing point, around 35 feet deep or so. The deeper water was clear and blue, while the shallow areas were more of a cloudy, milky greenish color (very surreal - - - many of us thought our eyes were playing tricks on us).

All in all - - - fantastic dives and I can't wait to come back to do it all again!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Sunrise 6amSunrise 6am
Sunrise 6am

too beautiful to miss
Wreck DiveWreck Dive
Wreck Dive

Mr. Bud - 60' deep
Blurry cameraBlurry camera
Blurry camera

Todd & Catherine (brother and sister)
Close-UpClose-Up
Close-Up

Anemone


13th December 2008

Mr. Bud wreck
Love your ring. How deep did you go totally? Any big fish inside wreck? Neat camera! Clear pictures we`ll print some for our album.

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb