Wicked Wednesday


Advertisement
Honduras' flag
Central America Caribbean » Honduras » Bay Islands » Roatán
December 10th 2008
Published: December 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today was yet another great day! Morning dive was to Calvin's Crack (another fav. among all Roatan divers) . . . absolutely gorgeous site! Followed by the usual dropoff dive to the Prince Albert Wreck in CocoView's Front Yard.

The afternoon dive trip was personal - - - just the four of us and the captain and divemaster aboard for a "private trip"....nice and relaxing.

On the way in Todd and I had the opportunity of watching a Yellow Headed Jawfish swirling eggs in his mouth. (the male carries the eggs until they hatch, spitting them out every so often to keep them the right temp. and all that jazz) - very unique!

Sorry the blogs are short . . . my mind is still elsewhere! Hope the pictures tell a little!


Oh - - - -last night Todd and I did a night dive (went in around sunset) and it was spooky! The water was hazy looking like smoke and the vis. was about 5-8 ft. Didn't see anything too awesome - - - except on the way back to shore. Todd swam right over a little octopus which I caught and we watched him scavenge for some dinner for a bit. (feeling around with his long little arms and blowing up around dinner, only to suck it all in in a blink of the eye).

Tomorrow is our last full day of diving (hopefully we'll get in 5) and we plan on doing an early morning shore dive Friday before it's too late. Catherine and I plan on visiting the West End in search of things to buy (x-mas presents =) . . . and the four of us are going to do the zipline canopy tour Friday afternoon. (hopefully the weather will hold up)!

Well - stay tuned tomorrow! Take care everyone! (And maybe next time you'll decide to join us on another fabulous vacation!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

CatherineCatherine
Catherine

looking so calm and collected
CatherineCatherine
Catherine

It's not too often we get to see her like this =)
Single FileSingle File
Single File

in and out one by one
ToddTodd
Todd

always has an eye on me
Green Moray EelGreen Moray Eel
Green Moray Eel

Peek-A-Boo!
PonchoPoncho
Poncho

The lazy local - - -besides long naps on the dock, I like kayak rides too!


11th December 2008

Inside Calvins crack
Not our kind of place. we`re claustrophobic! Looks like fun for you. Where does the zip line go-over a forest? Who is Catherine and what is that picture of - a sponge?

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb