Royal Caribbean private island?, destination Labadee


Advertisement
Haiti's flag
Central America Caribbean » Haiti
January 8th 2000
Published: October 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

After almost getting to dizzy of being in the cruise ship our first stop Labadee in Haiti a complete first calss tourist facility in one of the most poor country around the globe it was quite a difference, but this contrast can only be noticed if you have certain backgorund around Haiti, and some general facts in their historical development surrounded of corruption, dictators, several invasion and a subhuman way of life in general (my intention in this blog in not making any political or historical judgements my only intention is to picture a frame solely based in my personal references) so coming back it was like landing in a hollywood set, to perfect to be natural, a unbelievable bay, incredible beach, every rock in the correct place just wonderfull (but it's fair to say that this perfection seems to be in some sense fake), one of the most positive part of this some locals musicians asking for some money sang us some Mexican songs (at least some of the worldwide known songs) with a very funny french accent.

There was this local artesany market where very exotic stuff was selled but the most requested artifact by the american tourists was this virility vudu symbol statue quite fuuny!

Our day finished and also our stay in Labadee a destination of contrasts , being the first a very first class touristic destination and only across the wall one of the poorest countries in the world, now it's time to sleep

Advertisement



16th August 2007

You were in Hispaniola
My friend, you were at Hispaniola. La EspaƱola or in English Hispaniola es the name the Spanish "Conquistadors" gave to the entire Island. through history and time, the island developed into 2 countries, Haiti and Dominican Republic, who share this island. They were correct to point that this was in Hispaniola, but neglected to inform you that it was actually Mainland Haiti. Labadee It's not an Island
10th December 2007

thanks for your comment pal, it completes my post since the reference of a private island was more a drama reference for the post,however it worth your reference to be more accurate.
13th January 2010

LABADEE, HAITI - AN ILLUSION
I HAVE TAKEN THE ROYAL CARRIBBEAN CRUISE WHICH INCLUDES THE ISLAND OF LABADEE, HAITI. THIS IS PRIVATE ISLAND CREATED BY ROYAL CRUISE LINE. THEREFORE IT IS NOT THE REAL HAITI. THERE IS A HIGH FENCE WHICH SEPARATES THE PEOPLE THAT LIVE ON THIS ISLAND AND THE TOURISTS (I'M SURE IT IS BECAUSE RC DID NOT WANT THEIR TOURISTS OVERWHELMED BY POVERTY STRICKEN PEOPLE. THE ISLAND IS BEAUTIFUL AND HAS ALL THE TRAPPINGS FOR TOURISTS. HOWEVER, IT IS A FANTASY TO LURE TOURISTS TO SPEND MONEY, LEAVING THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE ON THIS ISLAND IN WONDER AS HOW T HEY CAN CONNECT WITH THE PEOPLE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THAT FENCE..
9th February 2010

A wonderful Island. Had a great day there. I do hope it was not affected by the hurrican in Haiti.

Tot: 0.235s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb