Second day


Advertisement
Published: July 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Sleeping conditionsSleeping conditionsSleeping conditions

Check the bed net (my savior)
I’m back,

It’s crazy how much I wish I could write down in words but my words don’t even do it justice.

Day 2: When the roosters finally stopped and I was able to doze back into sleep I woke up around 8:30am. After that I took the quickest and coldest shower I have ever taken in my entire life. I don’t think I will ever be used to how cold the water is and how I still manage to sweat right after I get out. Breakfast was served shortly after and consisted of mango, pineapple, banana and pancakes. When I say pancakes I mean a very thin fried piece of dough. Orientation started at 10:00am and I am super excited to start working. We have training today, which consists of learning how to teach the younger children how to use the donated water filters in their own homes. After orientation we got the call I was waiting for the last 24 hours, the airline had found my bag! As a group we traveled back to the airport to pick it up but because of the heat when we got back to HAC it was naptime. Everyone pretty much slept until dinner, which consisted of fried food on fried food. When I tell you everything is friend I mean everything is fried (even the bananas). Hey I’m not complaining it’s yummy. After dinner we played a Haitian card game, which means “casino” in Creole (of course it took me over an hour to learn how to play). By the way I totally forgot to mention that only a few Haitians speak English. The native language in a Haiti is a stem of French called Creole. Ok back to my story, power went out around 10:30pm and came back on around 11:00pm and stayed on for the entire night. But unfortunately when I woke up today around 5:30am when the roosters were sitting outside my window the power went out again. I am currently writing this blog post in a word document because who knows when we will have Internet next.



Seriously missing some Starbucks coffee on this early morning!



Can’t wait to write again tomorrow xo,

SarBar

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb