Todos Santos Cuchumatán
Background: The Maya civilization flourished in Guatemala and surrounding regions during the first millennium A.D. After almost three centuries as a Spanish colony, Guatemala won its independence in 1821. During the second half of the 20th century, it experienced a variety of military and civilian governments as well as a 36-year guerrilla war. In 1996, the government signed a peace agreement formally ending the conflict, which had left more than 100,000 people dead and had created some 1 million refugees.
Photos from Todos Santos Cuchumatán
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Todos Santos Cuchumatán
Latest Blogs from Todos Santos Cuchumatán
- April 1st 2012 Maya Maya Pants On Fire
by Words: 1670 Photos: 6
- February 7th 2012 Theresa's time of reflection in Nebaj.
by Words: 1588 Photos: 4
- February 6th 2012 Estuvimos Mojados.
by Words: 967 Photos: 23
- March 20th 2010 Todos Santos, Guatemala
by Words: 166 Photos: 0
- May 23rd 2008 Final road trip: Todos Santos and the land of red pants
by Words: 1701 Photos: 20
- January 6th 2008 And how do you like your chicken bus?
by Words: 607 Photos: 0
- January 23rd 2007 Todos santos
by Words: 111 Photos: 0
- November 1st 2006 Todos Santos
by Words: 833 Photos: 27
- July 20th 2006 Penny´s trip from Nebaj to Todos Santos
by Words: 246 Photos: 8
- April 19th 2006 Osterentkommen
by Words: 1044 Photos: 5
- August 20th 2002 Uniform villagers
by Words: 1116 Photos: 5