San Juan La Laguna
Background: The Maya civilization flourished in Guatemala and surrounding regions during the first millennium A.D. After almost three centuries as a Spanish colony, Guatemala won its independence in 1821. During the second half of the 20th century, it experienced a variety of military and civilian governments as well as a 36-year guerrilla war. In 1996, the government signed a peace agreement formally ending the conflict, which had left more than 100,000 people dead and had created some 1 million refugees.
Blogs from San Juan La Laguna
Latest Blogs from San Juan La Laguna
- September 25th 2010 Post # 7
by Words: 1873 Photos: 23
- July 16th 2008 trip status
by Words: 330 Photos: 0
- December 2nd 2007 A restful time
by Words: 1201 Photos: 18
- December 18th 2006 Feliz Navidad San Juan La Laguna!!!
by Words: 2670 Photos: 42
- November 7th 2006 Chez Pascale
by Words: 297 Photos: 9
- March 18th 2006 Taking Things For Granted
by Words: 2825 Photos: 18