what we ave bin doin


Advertisement
Published: January 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

LaquinLaquinLaquin

salright
Lanquin - had to sleep in the loft the first night which was accessed via a dubious ladder, rather uncomfortable and we had our food stolen by birds, great fun. Then Lexie got ill from all the real food we were eating and Emily stood on her kindle. One a more positive note we had our Mayan tarot read by Maria, the most wonderful person ever. Eventually, when Lexie was feeling human again we visited the Semuc caves. This required swimming and wading for a couple of hours, whilst having to hold candles in the air, and watch people threw themselves from heights into horrifyingly small rocky pools. Emerging from the freezing caves for a hike in the rain we continued to freeze to death. Worth it though, the pools were very pretty. As a consequence perhaps, Lexie got more ill.

Lovely location but glad to move on.Antigua we love you. Its a Gorgeous colonial city, where we did very little bar peruse the guatemalan handicrafts on offer.
AntiguaAntiguaAntigua

colonial
And prepare a Christmas dinner without an oven. Made Christmas dinner interesting to say the least and not exactly traditional. Ho hum. Christmas in Guatemala felt like a normal day but with more religion and far too many fireworks. Couldnt resist a trip to an Avocado farm to relax and to get back in touch with the earth @ Earth lodge. Read a lot but mainly just got a bit bored and ate avocados. In hindsight maybe we were too relaxed when we came to really feel the benefits of a wind-down...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb