Playa Del Carmen to Flores


Advertisement
Published: April 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After a day of recovery on Tuesday in Playa following the blue parrot beach club me and the boys went to cenote cristalino, another fresh water pool. We spent the day throwing ourselves off the rocks into the water, I was the only one man enough to go for the dive, nailed it, got a call from the GB dive team in the afternoon asking if I was about for London in the summer, they reckon I am more talented than Tom Daly. Not surprised!!! We met a couple of Belgian lads back at the hostel and went out to the blue parrot beach club with them on Thursday. They were good lads, one of them was freaking mental and spent most of the night trying to convince us to go to a Mexican strip club. We weren't sure we had good enough tits to get paid for getting them out, however Will's are getting there! Blue parrot was good again, basically consisted of plenty of beer as you can imagine, some French guy apparently chatting me up according to the other two which immediatley makes me bat for the other team and Will getting put down with possibly the best line I have ever heard. It went something like this, "Do you want to dance", she replied "I am dancing", Will said "with me", she relied "no". At least he had the balls to try! Nothing happened Thursday, another recovery day, Friday we hit the road to head to Tulum.



Got to Tulum early afternoon on Friday 13th, Oli suggests we walk to the beach as he decided 3.6km was not that far. Two hours later we arrive but it's fine because according to our polar explorer it is not that far. Don't know where he learned his map reading skills! Went to Tulum ruins on Saturday, I won't bore you with any more than that, although if you see them they are impressive. Saturday night we went to a beach party, probably the shittest beach party in the world, charged us 50 pesos more than advertised to get in, think that was a tax for english boys, even the worst night in the crown would have been better. That gives you an idea of how shite it was. The only saving grace was that it was on the beach! To make my weekend worse, I watched Spurs get hammered by Chelsea on Sunday in the FA cup, no surprise there!



Early Tuesday morning we left for Caye Caulker in Belize, an island in the caribbean sea. The first English speaking place we have been to, a massive relief as our Spanish is beyond shit. So far we have learnt how to say, chicken, hello, please, the bill, and order beers, not many Mexican girls are into those phrases as chat up lines. Personally I thought they were pretty romantic and our dashing looks would sort us out but apparently being able to do Salsa is much more of a turn on. Best stick to the English speaking people then! On the positive side, we have learnt how to say slut, bitch and you have shit in your eyes in French, yet to try them one's out, I will report back when we do! So back to Caye Caulker, met two english lads called Liam and Rich from London on the ferry across, arrived at Bella's hostel and were told here was a party at Oceanside, we stocked up on rum and joined in. Went to this club which I can only describe as different and headed back to the hostel about 3am to more rum which the owner kindly brought back. About 4am we decided to go for a little swim in our pants {don't worry mum it was shallow}, dissapointed the girls were not as keen to get down to their pants , pretty selfish in my opinion, they just took advantage of us haha! At 5.30am me and Oli decide to go watch sunrise with a dutch girl and austrian guy, kind of doesn't work when it is cloudy, took us a while to work that one out, must have been the rum! Managed to get to bed about 6am. As you can imagine nothing happened on Wednesday so Thursday we go snorkelling except we can't because we didn't book as our organisation skills are shite so we book for Friday. We were on a sailing boat all day, best day so far, swam with sharks, turtles, stingrays, loads of tropical fish and saw a manatee as well. They gave us lunch, shrimp salsa and then as much rum punch as we could drink. This got us right in the mood for another night at oceanside. To say I was hungover on Saturday was an understatement. We left Caye Caulker Sunday morning, two days later than planned to go to Flores in Guatemala.

Flores is a small town on an island in the middle of a huge lake. Staying in a great hostel called Los Amigos with a restuarant and cheap food and drinks, happy days! Spent Monday having a look around and swimming in the lake. I took the opportunity to show off my team GB credentials again by doing a backflip off the jetty, sign me up! Oli's diving is improving, it has gone from retarded to not so retarded, something which was highlighted when I caught a nice pic of him doing a much better dive than Will. So now it is Tuesday, 8.30pm, we have been up since 4am as we took a trip to Tikal. This is the best of the Mayan ruins and sits in the middle of the jungle. The temples are huge and we managed to see crocidiles, howler monkeys, toucans, trantulas and some racoon type things. Great day, pretty knackered now, we are off to Lanquin tommorow where we will stay for a few days by the river and go tubing and caving.

I will try update a bit quicker next time.

Adios

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0849s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb