FLORES - Guatemala


Advertisement
Published: September 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The island of FloresThe island of FloresThe island of Flores

Airport runway at forefront

Monday 6th September


It took a hour to get to the island of Flores from Tikal and we checked into a nice little hotel called De las mayas which was situated in the middle of this small island situated on Lake Peten Itza. (The population is 13,700). Flores is less than a mile long and mile wide and is very pretty as its buildings are painted in greens, blues, reds and yellows. There's not much to do here apart from boat trips around the lake but its perfect for stopover before our flight. There is a large choice of restaurants all along the shore line of this circular island and its very cheap. We We went for a walk around then stopped for a meal on the shore which was probually our best meal to date. we sat and watch the lighting in the distance that was raging on for the entirity of our meal, it was something else to watch the forktails and large flashes going off about 50 miles away. We booked our 5am taxi to Santa Elena and got an early night. Ive just got the feeling back in the soles of my feet...!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Our plane to Guatemala city!Our plane to Guatemala city!
Our plane to Guatemala city!

no in flight meals im afraid!


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb