finally made it


Advertisement
Published: July 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

GREETINGS FROM THE LAND OF NUTMEG!!!
Getting to Carriacou has been an adventure, to say the least. My trip began well: my flight to Miami was fine, as was my flight to San Juan. The flights were made infinitely better by the fact that my lovely parents upgraded me to first class!! The first two pictures on here are of the food.. salmon salad for lunch, tortellini with mushroom cream sauce for dinner. Infinitely better than paying for peanuts. But, the trip took an interesting turn in Puerto Rico. At the end of our flight, our plane couldnt park at the right gate because another plane was there, so we had to wait on the runway for about half an hour. Meanwhile, Aleksey (my fearless Russian travel companion) and I only had about 50 minutes between flights. So, of course, we missed our flight out of San Juan. AND there is only one flight a day from San Juan to Grenada. This left Aleksey and I in the airport for about 24 hrs. Luckily, the airport took pity on us for missing our flight and put us up in the airport's hotel (which was also a casino) and gave us meal vouchers. They did, however, kick us out of our room at 12, which left us 6 hours to kill in the airport before our flight. Needless to say, I have never been inside so many kitchy stores and Duty Free shops in my life. We also played lots of cards. LOTS of cards. But hey, it's all part of the adventure. I took a lot of cool pictures of the airport and of the ferry ride from Grenada to Carriacou. I also took pictures of the FEAST that we had tonight for 40 ECs (local currency... even though Grenada is independent they still have a picture of Queen Elizabeth II on them!)

But all this adventuring has made me tired, so I'm goin to bed. More tomorrow perhaps.

--ALR

p.s. something screwy is going on with the website, so go to the second page of pictures to see them


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



8th July 2008

I wish...
i was there... HAVE FUN! I better be getting presents when you get back. :-D

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb