El Salvador


Advertisement
Published: August 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Just a quick visit to El Salvador.. wish it was longer its a beautiful country. And really friendly.

We travelled here with Helen & Jenny from England (and Jenny´s sheep, who was sooo cute!), we met them in Roatan. We went straight to the capital city, San Salvador. The country is small so we could do most things from here. We stayed in a lovely guest house, Ximenas and the Norwegian owner knew everything about El Salvador, so we managed to cram lots into our short stay.

We went to the devils door.. a fab lookout where you can see virtually across the whole of El Salvador. Then we went to climb an active volcano, where we would have climbed 4 hours and got amazing views. But we were late and although our driver tried to get them to let us up.. we werent allowed without a guide.. so we just had to look at it! We got to do some walks around the national park, and see the beautiful lake Coatepeque.

We are continuing north, Guatemala next........

Hope you are all enjoying the summer heatwave! Heard it was the hottest July ever in England!!

Take Care
Hayley



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



16th August 2006

Volcan de Izalco
Dear Hayley, Fantastic photos, many thanks for posting them. I can’t wait to get there – my country of origin. Your gorgeous photo from Cerro Verde shows the “Volcán de Izalco”, the Volcán de Santa Ana is the other one you can see from Cerro Verde and the one currently erupting if I am not mistaken. Cheers, José René

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb