First trip to the Dominican Republic


Advertisement
Published: May 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Orphanage TripOrphanage TripOrphanage Trip

Some kids that we gave presents to
I first came to the Dominican Republic when I was- I think- 11 years old. My family from Denmark and from other places all came for Christmas. But instead of getting presents, we decided to give them. We collected all of our old give aways and we hauled them down here and we gave them to an orphanage. It was then that I realized that there were people less fortunate than me, and sense then... I have become much more appreciative. The look on the faces of the little orphans when we gave them presents (that were really dumb to me) but amazing for them... was a complete shock.

We even liked it so much that my mom and step-dad decided that they were going to build a Villa to rent. So... a couple years later, here we are in our villa.

And just about 1/2 year ago we thought about our orphanage getaway and we thought maybe we should help the little community that we have built this villa in. So, we came up with Vacation for a Purpose.

Vacation for a Purpose basically is explained as;
Vacationer comes to villa has an amazing vacation = all
Orphange DinnerOrphange DinnerOrphange Dinner

We provided dinner for the kids... but the food wasn't the thing being eaten... the mosquitoes were having a feast.
profits from their vacation goes to school = children get a projected-based education= go out and help their community= happiness.

But our philosophy has always followed "Change can only happen if change is wanted" and we believe that this little town of Cabrera, Dominican Republic wants to be changed for the better. That is why we are helping.

http://www.vacationforapurpose.com
http://www.villaflordecabrera.com




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Orphan ChildOrphan Child
Orphan Child

Child opening a present. :D


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb