Sick as a dog!


Advertisement
Published: April 28th 2005
Edit Blog Post

I am "sick as a dog" today! I think it's a combination of the sun, booze, and local food that's getting to me! So, I spent most of the day in bed praying that I would feel better - and it somewhat worked! (well, it could've been the gallon of water I drank and rest). But, my day didn't start off so bad. I did manage to wake around 5:30 so I could be up for sunrise. Since our room is facing north west I headed down to the beach in the dark (still in my pj's) so I could get a better vantage point, but I was disappointed to find that the sun was still blocked by a point of land down at the end of the beach, so I grabbed a coffee at the beach bar and headed down the beach. Along the way I picked up a "straggler" of sorts - a man from Ontario who had the same idea I had to get some good pictures. He was actually pretty nice and we had some good conversation along the way (don't worry - he's married with kids, and they were back at the resort). We ended up walking past the walls of the resort along a well-beaten, but certainly not "official", path that led to a really nice beach and a great view - the only trouble was that we were about five minutes too late to see the sun's actual rise, though we still managed to get some really nice pictures afterall. So, after that we headed back to the resort and parted ways and I stopped yet again for another great coffee at Coco's Beach Bar, and then back to the room before Jenelle woke up (I did leave her a note in the first place). I put on a pot of coffee, and then I wondered why I couldn't get to sleep?! lol Anyways, so we all went for breakfast at Jimmy\s and it was amazing - so much stuff to choose from, and we filled up. Then we headed to the pool for a swim, drinks, and tanning. I spent some time at the swim-up bar and maybe had one too many banana mama's, because after a little while in the sun I finally realized I was burned pretty bad and not feeling so great. I took my cue and headed back to the room, which leads me up to what I was saying about being sick as a dog in the beginning of this post. Anyways, so I medicated myself while Jenelle got her hair braided (nice, by the way) and by supper (just a short while ago) I was feeling somewhat better, though I'm starting to wonder if maybe I should go back and get some rest so tomorrow's shopping in Sosua will be ok. Now Kerri isn't feeling so good. The supper was alright - Seafood night - but no lobster! I did, however, try octopus and grouper, and various other stuff. Not bad. Anyways, I think I'll sign off on that note. If I'm feeling better we may try the casino (no worries - just a few dollars!). Talk soon. By the way, we're in room 11113, and I think the number to the hotel is on the photocopies in my room, Mom - in case you need to call. Loves ya all lots! Pray for my burn!
Ciao!
Leanne

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb