RIU NAIBOA


Advertisement
Published: April 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

On the beachOn the beachOn the beach

Coconuts
We went to the RIU Naiboa for one week. We were there just last month in March of 2009, and it wasn't all that great. The staff at the RIu was wonderful. The problems with the RIU was that it is so far away from anywhere else that it is terrible. I guess that I may have got spoiled being in places like the Turks and Caicos Islands, Guyana, and Aruba, where we could just walk outside of our hotel/resort and walk around the city or town and see some sites or go to a souvenir shop, have a drink, or anything else. Here in Bavaro, we were stuck. There really wasn't anywhere else to walk to. All of the shopping was to be done at the resort, they had their own little street called Caribbean Street. The RIU is made up of about five or six different resorts, and all of them utilize that street. The food at the buffet was most certainly nothing great. We could never seem to find a relaxing place to sit down and have a drink. It was really overall not a great vacation.

The food, ugh, I thought that I was the only
Punta CanaPunta CanaPunta Cana

Beach Punta Cana
one having stomach problems there, nope, several people were. We met this German guy who was having a worse time with it than I. I can really think of other destinations that I would rather spend a week.

The weather was decent. The shopping was ok.

US Air didn't get our checked luggage there until the following day, so we had to go out and purchase a thing or two.

JAMES DALPHONSE UTICA, NEW YORK


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

RIURIU
RIU

Front Desk
US Air Flight AttendantUS Air Flight Attendant
US Air Flight Attendant

Laguardia Airport
WaiterWaiter
Waiter

At RIU in Punta Cana
ShayneShayne
Shayne

In Punta Cana
RIU DiningRIU Dining
RIU Dining

late night buffet


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb