CUBA


Advertisement
Central America Caribbean » Cuba » Oeste
November 8th 2012
Published: November 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everybody! Walt and I have just returned from a fascinating trip to Cuba. We have wanted to go to Cuba for years but didn't want to chance a heavy fine. We recently heard that 10 U.S. travel companies had been granted special licenses by both U.S. and Cuba to conduct People to People Programs. The travel company takes care of the Visa, authorization letter, and specific license that is req... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Mural de la PrehistoriaMural de la Prehistoria
Mural de la Prehistoria

This was a huge mural that depicted the history of evolution. It was painted on a huge ancient rock of limestone.
Billboards in CubaBillboards in Cuba
Billboards in Cuba

The billboards in Cuba are not used to advertise beer, soft drinks, or food. Instead, they reinforce revolution ideas and promote solidarity.
Old Havana Book SaleOld Havana Book Sale
Old Havana Book Sale

Many used books were for sale in this area. U.S. citizens are allowed to bring only a few different kinds of items home. Books and informational materials are on the list. The custom agents were not strict and did not question us about any items that we had purchased.
Coloring My Neighborhood ProjectColoring My Neighborhood Project
Coloring My Neighborhood Project

Artists in this neighborhood recycled items from the trash to make artwork. The yellow circles surrounding this painting were formerly tire rims. We heard musicians perform and visited an art gallery in this neighborhood.
Cuarteto CarenasCuarteto Carenas
Cuarteto Carenas

This group of professional musicians performed for our tour group at our hotel in Havana. They were very talented.



9th November 2012

Your photos, etc.
Hi Everette! I enjoyed reading your blog and looking at the interesting photos! For me, I think it would be very depressing to live in such a place with so much oppression of individual freedoms. I'm happy that they can express themselves with music of some kinds, and other art forms, but I could not live like that. Cuba will never make enough money to lift upthe people out of endless squalor and hopefulness. The limited interaction b/t Americans and the few Cubans must be extraordinarily exciting for them. Walts gifts must have made them very happy! Like my oldest sister used to say, "That's another star in your crown". Doing such a simple thing as giving some caps and tees will influence those folks in incalculable ways! Blessings for you and yours, Everette!

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb