Rich Coast


Advertisement
Published: July 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Zip wireZip wireZip wire

Thats me... after going on a 600m long zipwire!!
Hello.. just a quick one, as I am falling very behind with this thing!!
We arrived in Costa Rica over a rickety bridge from Panama, and stayed on the Carribean coast in Puerto Viejo A chilled out beachy place.. did a little more relaxing before heading off to San Jose to meet my friend Gill, straight of the plane from England!!

San Jose was not that great, just a big city really, but was very excited to be waiting at the airport for Gill!! Although became very apparent that Costa Rica has a different kind of tourist... mainly Texans! Costa Rica is to the US what Spain is to the UK.

But still beautiful.. we took a bus up to Monteverdi a cloud forest in the north.. Gills first one.. also the first one I have been one where we have experienced theft.. Gill had her bag stolen from above.. luckily we saw it and I just asked the guy to give me the bag back.. he looked a bit embarrassed and just handed it over!! The cheeky monkey!!
While we were there Gill bought me a belated birthday present, which was one of my best ever.. We both
Puerto Viejo.. Puerto Viejo.. Puerto Viejo..

and the best sea in the world!
went on a canopy tour through the forest.... swinging thro on 16 zip wires, really high and really long. It was so scary and so much fun. We would go so fast from one to the other.. the last one was so high that we were completely in the clouds.. it was brilliant!

After here we went to see a volcano and bobbed about in some hot springs.. all very touristy... the only hot springs I have ever been in that had a wet bar and a water slide (and cost $$ to get in).. but was very relaxing!

Really really wanted to see a sloth... but we never did. Considering they are the laziest of creatures and only come out of the tree ever 4 days.... they had all disappeared!
However we did find out about an insect that after 17 YEARS of hibernation in the soil.. it comes to the surface makes a noise like a cricket and dies after 3 weeks!!


Costa Rica is a nice country but very touristy and expensive.. we found it difficult to travel without taking the tourist bus...



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



27th July 2006

South American Travels
Wow Hayley!!!!.....yourself and Lo have done a great job seeing South America. I've just been catching up on about the last 4 months of journal entries......such amazing experiences. I knew my 7 weeks on the continent wasnt long enough. I've been back home 2 months now, and am getting very jealous reading your entries...in a nice kind of way of course. Have a blast in Central America......keep an eye out for the Bay Island of Roatan off the coast of Honduras...tremendous diving there!! Take care, Erik (from Perth)

Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 23; qc: 119; dbt: 0.1089s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb