Tears in San Jose


Advertisement
Published: April 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

With the trip winding down for this mad road warrior this will be the second too last entry for this blog. Waving goodbye to our Canadian tree planter friends, Durach and Luke me and Barton crossed the border into Costa Rica. It is a strange experience travelling through the poor but culturally rich countries of Belize, Honduras, and Nicaragua and ending up in COsta Rica. It almost looks like you are back in the states, or worse, in Orange COunty California. I was beginning to think there were too many backpackers in those other countries, I hadnt seen nothing yet. We met Cary and Johnny in Tamaryndo, obnoxious tourist own that looks liek Cabo or something. Early the next morning we caught bus, boat, and bus to Montezuma, hippie beach paradise. It was no Zipolite but the two days or beach, Rum, and jumping off of a crazy waterfall made it a great place. If you are in MOntezuma make sure you take the 2o minute hike, and make sure you jump off that crazy ass waterfall. When we got up there no one else was around and it looked dangerous as shit. I told Barton that Id jump if he went first. He said the same thing to me. About 20 minutes later Barton took the plunge. I followed quickly as did five or six dudes who only had th eballs after we did it. Johnny said no way , but just as we were about to leave, with legs trembling he did it as well. Any one who knows Ms. Foss knows that there was no way in hell that she was going to do it. We left Montezuma and got into San Jose last nite. We hit up the casino and things got crazy. When the dust settled I was even (and am going back tonite) and Johnny was up 600 US. I fly home tommorow morning so I have to kill a day in the ole Jose. Me and Barton half baked, hairbrained, thrill ride ended in a firm handshake and the knowledge that we will try to do something even crazier next time around. As for the blog I plan on some kind of end of the trip wrap up when I am back in sweet home chicago tommorow night (god willing if course). Barton has his own blog so keep up with him. As for me I am back in Chicago for ten days watching the first place white SOx. For those of you who have become addicted to by prose I have a White SOx blog that I will be starting when I get back... its called Ozzieball and its on mlblogs.com. In May I am roadtripping it to the American southwest and then to LA for a few weeks. Then its back across the nation, hoping to backpack in Glacier National Park in Montana in July. I plan on starting anew travel blog when I leave CHicago, a type of american road trip blog so keep checking in cuz I´ll be all over the map thi ssummer looking for those secrets that we all hope we can find out there...
see most of you soon i hope...
oh yeah...
to answer the repeated questions.
Me and Barton couldnt stand Roycraft from teh beginning...
he was and is, and annoying, know it all, spazz out case and a giant poser...
to truly convery our feelings about him I will relate a conversation we had several times after his departure..
Brown; HEY BARTON, WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE ROYCRAFT OR stanmbuagh in the backseat right now?
Barton; Stambaugh hands down...
and that was the answer everytime... it didnt matter who answered the quiestion either...

Advertisement



22nd April 2008

Hahahahah
Aww, you guys mean I can come next time?

Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb