San Jose, Costa Rica


Advertisement
Published: August 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Volcano Trail Day 17: San Jose, Costa Rica
The final stop on our trip through Central America. (If you want to read all the volcano tour entries, start with the Guatemala one down the page...)

Before arriving in San Jose we stopped off in the town of San Ramon where our tour leader Christy lives. We stopped in, checked out the diggs and headed on to San Jose.
San Jose is the capital of Costa Rica, and is nestled in the central valley in the highlands which makes the temperature quite nice - but it felt downright cold to us, since we were used to the 30+ temperatures! Really, San Jose is just a big city with not much to do or see. I am glad I only had one day here. We went downtown and checked out a market and walked a few streets, but none of us were up to big city exploring, so we grabbed some drinks and headed back to the hostel to enjoy a final afternoon together. Later, we went out for the final dinner, said our good-byes and packed up for our flights out the next morning.

Day 18: San Jose
Woke up at 3:30am to get to the airport.

The past 18 days have been amazing. Couldn't have asked for a better tour group. This is the first time I have been on an organized tour as I always enjoy planning and doing it at my own pace. Because of this experience I wouldn't rule out another organized trip later in life.
Ciao until my next adventure!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb