The Last Stop, Costa Rica


Advertisement
Published: December 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post


We got off the ship in Costa Rica at about 10:30 and had to ride a tender to shore like we did in Malaysia because there was nowhere for us to dock on shore. Once we got off the ship we had to wait for our van that we had rented to come pick us up, so we hung out on this little beach for a while before going to the restaurant that we had planned to meet the van at. All 10 of us piled into the van at about 1:00 and we started on our way to the house that we had rented which was about an hour and a half south of us. We stopped at a grocery store before going to the house and loaded up with food for the next couple days. We ended up on a little dirt road along the beach that had a bunch of grungy looking little houses, and we kept saying "oooh that one doesn’t look too bad, maybe its that house", but after stopping at a couple of the wrong ones, we saw by far the nicest house yet. We were convinced that there was no way it could be ours since it was so nice, but it was! It was a 2 story house, had a guest house, a giant pool, looked brand new, and it was only about 150 feet from the beach! We got settled in and went and played in the ocean until it got dark, and then everybody headed in and ate some food and just hung out around the pool for the rest of the night. The next morning everybody woke up by 6:30 (don’t ask me how), and we all went down to the beach and played in the waves for a while before walking down to this river that was way down the beach. After that we went inside and made burritos for lunch, and we sat outside by the pool and ate them. We took out some boogie boards to the ocean for the rest of the day. The current pushed us down the beach pretty far, and by the time I got out of the water I had to walk like 15 minutes to get back to our section of the beach. The waves were crashing really hard all day, so we were all really tired from fighting them so we all just laid on the hammocks and in the sand for a while before going back inside to eat leftover burritos for dinner. After dinner we tried to make a fire on the beach, but the wood was too wet, and we couldn’t really keep it going, so we ended up just hanging out in the house and around the pool for the rest of the night. We got up the next morning and packed all of our stuff and then headed back to Puntarenas to meet the ship at about 11. We wandered around Puntarenas for about an hour, but it was just a little town so there wasn’t really anything interesting to see. After wandering for a while we all got back on the ship for the last time.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb