Heading South... An InterBus Adventure


Advertisement
Published: March 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Fruit at TabaconFruit at TabaconFruit at Tabacon

A Fruit Bowl in our room at Tabacon
Tired from the day before we decided to sleep in until around 8... We had breakfast consisting of fruit, coffee and sweet breads at the resort and spent most of the morning in and out of the Hot Springs and Infinity Pools. This was a nice recovery from the intense events of the previous day.

We checked out of the hotel and had lunch at the restaurant (an awesome Vegi sandwich and Hearts of Palm salad). One of the cool things about Tabacon is that they allow you to "use" the resort until it closes on the day you check out. We hung out around the resort until 2 when a private bus company came and took us for the four hour drive to Manuel Antonio National Park.

Now, you would think that a private ride in a bus would be way better than taking the public transportation, but in this case, it was grueling... First off, I should say that in Costa Rica they drive a tad bit more aggressively than they do here... You take away the "safety in numbers" and size of a bus and getting stuck behind large trucks going 15 kph, you have a taste of what this trip was
Megan and the Water SlideMegan and the Water SlideMegan and the Water Slide

Megan slides down the water slide.
like... and it was like this for FOUR HOURS.

The highlight of the road trip was stopping at a bridge where there were wild crocodiles. We walked out to edge of this bridge and saw probably a dozen crocodiles swimming in the water. I noticed that there was a pack of horses nearby and, as you can tell from the pictures, those crocs are just waiting for one of those horses to come down and drink... they may only run 1.5 mph, but they are HUGE!

We got back into the van and headed for our next destination... Along the way we did high a highway that took us all the way down the coastline (Hwy 34). We passed by and saw the sun setting over Jaco, a very popular surfing spot with quite a few Casinos and lots of Real Estate for sale.

We finally ended up at our destination of La Colina around 7. We hit the restaurant, which is open until 10 and got some food. We then went back to our room and settled in for the night.


...


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

A Stone FountainA Stone Fountain
A Stone Fountain

A Stone Fountain at Tabacon.
Infinity PoolInfinity Pool
Infinity Pool

Megan laying in the Infinity Pool at Tabacon.
40 KM40 KM
40 KM

Yes, 40 KM... a refreshing two lane road.
Crocs!Crocs!
Crocs!

And not the kind you wear!
More CrocsMore Crocs
More Crocs

More crocs, notice the baby and the one who has been there awhile.


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb