Crocodiles Really Do Rock


Advertisement
Published: March 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

We went to OBJ (Outback Jack's) the other night; pictures in blog - and it was suggested to us that we absolutely HAD to go on the crocodile tour so that's what we did three days ago. The Tour is called Crocodile Man Tours for $30.00 a pop and is run from Tarcoles area with the crocs being in the Tarcoles River. We got to see the crocs close up. Scarface - has half his face gone - lost in a fight over territory. We were told that the males are the only ones that fight and it is always over territory.

Some of the crocs can reach 12-15 feet in length. The fellow that feeds them the chicken, as you can see, is quite young. Isn't it interesting that there are no OLD tour guides on the crocodile tour?????

Most of these pictures are taken the day of the tour but there are a few that were taken from the bridge over Tarcoles River.

Enjoy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



3rd March 2013

The young men are not scared to go and feed these creatures?? Especially the scar faced one with no mouth. Wow. Hope you are having fun, Say Hi to Clive Take care. Love Lorie
7th March 2013

Youth Have No Fear
and besides they do this every day and have likely been part of this sort of thing since the time they could walk. They are respectful of the animals and do not do anything too crazy. Oh, some red macaws just flew over.
3rd March 2013

Crocs vs monkeys
Ok, if you had your pick, which critter would you choose to get close with, a croc or a monkey???
7th March 2013

Croc or Monkey?
I think I might just pick croc - but I might be wrong....

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb