the Pacific rim of fire


Advertisement
Published: March 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

It's paradise, "I wake up. I have a great cup of coffee. There are parrots outside my window. There are monkeys in the trees. It's such an exceptional way to live." Nadine Hays Pisani author Happier Than a Billionaire: Quitting My Job, Moving to Costa Rica & Living the Zero Hour Work Week"



We traveled to the Pacific coast by van. Home to the famed park Manuel Antonio, it is the smallest but most popular national park here in Costa Rica. And popular it was the day we visited. We had to line up outside till less than 800 people were in the park. Most of the locals made a beeline for the beach but we had a guide with a telescope ready to spot wildlife. So many other groups were there that we blended into one another and lined up to peer into the telescopes. Here we saw the most animals, a transparent frog , monkeys, a coati, raccoon , Jesus Christ lizard and the sloths, 1 so close we could see his face. After dipping our toes in the water we headed for our next treat, a day on a catamaran snorkeling and swimming. On our way out the white faced monkeys swung on the trees above us and almost mocked our slow shutters that could not capture them. The catamaran was massive and had 2 Jacuzzis and nets or lounge chairs to lay out. Lots of wildlife to be seen here too; dolphins, ducks pelicans and fraggets. The boat got pretty close to the tree they landed in and someone made a loud noise and they all flew off, hundreds of them. It was like a scene out of a movie. Back in Dominical at our home base we walked around the sleepy surfer town, sat on the beach and hung around the pool. Its time to leave now and we are relaxing on our way out. We leave to San Jose today for one last meal, a few souvenirs and lots of goodbyes to out new friends. It is beautiful here and I would like to stay a while.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb