La Tortuga Feliz


Advertisement
Published: July 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I arrived to Bataan around noon and was greeted by the hosts. We had to wait 2 hours for the boat to come in due to the low tide. We left at 2 and got to the dock from where we traveled by boat. There were 7 of us in total but there was 9 or 10 more at the project. As soon as we left from the dock, I heard the first call of a howler monkey right above us!! The boat ride took about 30 minutes. We arrived at the project and were greeted by the other volunteers. We unloaded, got a tour of the place, then talked with the manager in the office about rules and safety, payment, etc. We relaxed after that, had dinner, then schedules were made. I had to go out and do the midnight to 4 shift. I did not know what to expect. I decided to take a good long nap before going out. There are so many toads and crabs around the project, its not even funny. No mosquitoes, but A LOT of ants.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



16th July 2010

Love the murky water. So did you see any turtles on that first midnight to 4 shift? Also that is really cool that you heard a howler monkey as soon as you left from the dock...and Ants...ugh, where they like fiyah ants?

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb