We Moved !


Advertisement
Published: May 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

We moved ! no kidding !
Our house is a different colour now, so it feels like we live in another house....we love it, it’s much more cosier than white! It was a lot of work but the result is great. Kees started in january already, sanding and varnishing the wood so he is done with painting for a year .....
Togehter with our Tico friends Jolie and Nelson and some other Ticos which we didn’t know, we went to Rio Celeste. It’s a national park an hour and a half away from us. Nelson’s brother owns a couple of cabinas at the entrance so we went there. It was great, spending a day with Ticos....we went for a hike, which took us four hours, a bit tough some times but definately worth it. The river really was turqois or celeste in spanish, and the waterfall was beautiful. We had to cross the water there, were in the water up to our knees, but hey the weather is still nice so no problem ! afterwards we had a bbq together, everybody brought something, it was fun.
Willeke and Marian went to the Imperial Festival in La Guacima, close to San Jose. Marian bought the tickets, only VIP available. Fine with us, we expected a limousine, red carpet, champagne....., but noooooo, we had to walk, wait in line because there was no special VIP entrance, and were supposed to sit on foulded chairs and the red carpet was nowhere to be seen....haha but the music was great, we entered a cheaper section and stood 30 feet from the stage. We saw Enrique Iglesias (very cute), Duran Duran (botox faces but good act) some local artists, a band from Mexico called Zoe which was very good and we thought Seal was the best performer/singer that day. Wow can he sing ! we had a good time, ate some food and drank some beer and were home around 01.30 ....our feet were very tired because we would wear the high heals in order to walk on the red carpet.....
The little cats are doing great, the can jump ! so around 05.00 in the morning they jump on our bed and start using that as a race track....we are right in the middle, and they bite in our toes as well. So you understand we are awake a little earlier than normal.... We found a home for four of them, and we’re keeping the smallest one, they are all very cute but we can’t keep them all.....
Anyway this is our news for now, what is happening in your lives ? looking forward to all your emails....
Hasta la pasta and sunny regards from all of us,
Kees and Willeke and the animal farm



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Festival ImperialFestival Imperial
Festival Imperial

Willeke and Marian


1st May 2008

Petje af!
Dát ziet er gelikt, of beter gezegd: geschilderd, uit! Het heeft wat bloed, zweet en blaren (geen tranen, hopen we) gekost, maar het resultaat mag er zijn: helemaal toppie, als nieuw en met mooie kleuren! We zijn helemaal trots op jullie! Saludos cordiales, Ruud, Odette en Scuby
1st May 2008

Leuk
Schitterend hoor maar hebbie dat ook in het groen.

Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0651s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb