Surf and Snack


Advertisement
Published: January 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Life at the beach is pretty much what we expected - hot, chill and gorgeous. We got up on the late side this morning, heading back to the Cabinas Cafe for an omelette, panqueques con banana and coffee. Mmmm. On the way back we stopped at Iguana Surf to rent a couple of boards. An 8'6" board for me and a 7 footer for Wes. We spent the morning surfing, although I spent more time falling off than standing up. But it was a good time. And great to be surfing in such warm water. Even in the summer San Diego surf isn't this pleasant.
After a few hours we took a break and wandered down the beach. I got a tasty cherry snow cone con leche and Wes stopped in town to get a rashguard. We came back to the hotel for empenadas and calzones (sometimes I think travelling is about killing time between meals. ;-) ). So...hit the spot. Especially after all that surfing. I also discovered Dasani Limon Frappe lemonade drink - why don't they sell it in the US? Boo!
We chilled in the room for the hottest part of the day (Wes is white enough that
Playa TamarindoPlaya TamarindoPlaya Tamarindo

It was much more crowded than it looked.
he lives in fear of the daystar) then went back to the beach for swimming and surfing until long after the sun went down. We enjoyed one of the best sunsets I've ever seen - the clouds made the colors so brilliant that there were defined bands of color radiating from where the sun had set. I wish I had my camera!
Now we are showered and clean and off in search of nachos and cheap beer for dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

DowntownDowntown
Downtown

Seriously. This is downtown Tamarindo!


Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 84; dbt: 0.0732s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb