Volcano hiking, and hot spring relaxing


Advertisement
Published: August 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

So after a ferry, taxi, coach, 2 flights and another taxi we arrived very tired into La Fortuna, Costa Rica. It was midnight and raining and the road we had just been on was full of pot holes and very foggy. We checked into our hostel and fell straight to sleep.

On the first day we awoke early and explored the small town. Not alot to see, mainly tourist shops and adventure shops with a few restaurants chucked in here and there.

We decided to take a taxi up to one of the local hotels that has 16 hot spring pools on sight called the Spring resort. We spent the day chilling out in the pools, resting, watching the monkeys in the trees and at last seeing the volcano as the cloud cleared. This was wonderfull and so relaxing. The hot springs were all different tempretures. We had decided to go to the luxery pools, we were glad we spent the extra money as there was hardly anyone else there. So most of the time you had the pool to yourself.

Day two we got up early and headed up to the Arenal Volcano Observatory park. We checked in and got our map. We then went hicking for 6hours. Very tiring but nice. We saw lots of bugs, butterflies, leaf cutter ants, tucans and monkeys (most of these were to fast to take photos of). On the way back a big storm came in. This was amazing to watch, the lighting lit up the sky.

We only have two days in La Fortuna, tomorow we head to our next stop of Monteverde Cloud forest. La Fortuna has been fun. I loved the hot springs and the treking was fun seeing the wildlife.

Next stop here we come....


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 13; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb