Weekend Trip to Arenal (by Emily)


Advertisement
Published: June 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Emily, author of this entryEmily, author of this entryEmily, author of this entry

In front of Arenal Volcano
This past weekend our group had the opportunity to stay at Arenal Springs Resort and Spa. The resort was absolutely amazing. It is located right next to Arenal, Costa Rica's most active volcano. Since July of 2010, the explosions and lava coming from Arenal have stopped. However, scientists believe Arenal is still very much alive. Looking up at Arenal will take your breath away. The pictures do not do it justice. Arenal, at 5,437 feet, is so tall that the top is often hidden by clouds. Every now and then the clouds will clear and you can catch a glimpse of the entire volcano. Arenal has been Costa Rica's most active volcano for the past 43 years. This started in 1968 when Arenal had its largest eruption in its history after almost 400 years of inactivity. From then until 2010, Arenal erupted constantly. One awesome benefit of being by a volcano is that the geothermal activity leads to many hot springs. Our group definitely had fun relaxing in the numerous springs at the resort.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Emily and JohnnyEmily and Johnny
Emily and Johnny

With Johnny, our guide for the weekend


20th June 2013

Awesome!
That really looks like a great place to visit! I'm happy that you are getting to learn so much about Costa Rica. I'm proud of your work. Enjoy! Be safe!
25th June 2013

Relaxing!
The resort looks relaxing and the information about the volcano was interesting. I especially love that Emily is wearing her Honors tank!

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0748s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb