Around our Home in Costa Rica - We have Internet


Advertisement
Published: July 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

First of all some background info. Steve and I purchased our home in Costa Rica several years ago. We found the house on the internet and contacted a real estate sales rep. to show us around and show us the house. I must say, we are very remote. It is 7000 feet up the mountain overlooking the Central Valley of Costa Rica. You climb windy twisty roads carved in the mountains- It is next to impossible to find. But we did.

Our view is breathtaking, especially at night, the city lights shimmer below. Our grounds are chiseled in the mountainside spanning nearly 3 acres with every type of flower you can imagine flourishing on our property.

We love it! That being said, it is REMOTE! We usually have to drive down the mountain to get interent or phone access, which is a challenge because I am still trying to run my real esate affairs when I travel abroad. We are so remote, most cable companies do not come up this high. Our neighbors are cows, and volcanos.

Today was a milestone, when the lil white truck from RACSA appeared and the men climbed on our roof to install a WIMAX technology. They weren't sure it would work. After turning their antenna, several adjustments - we are fully connected and I am in 7th Heaven!

I will blog throughout the week about our life in Costa Rica - You'll meet Rafa, our caretaker, our dogs, and see more about life in the mountains of Costa Rica.

We will also spend two nights in Jaco - surfer beach town! Stay tuned... We are!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb