Hanging Bridges? Ok! Ziplining?! Why not?? Canyoning??! SURE!!


Advertisement
Published: April 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

WOW. We have definitely made the most out of our last 4 days here in beautiful Costa Rica!! A few days ago, we took a Hanging Bridges tour which was basically 6 or 7 suspension bridges that spanned across the top of the jungle. The highest bridge was SO ridiculously high, but it was SO awesome to get a great view of the rainforest and Arenal Volcano. Our guide, Walter, was awesome too!

The next day, we took a boat tour to Canyo Negro, right on the Nicaraguan border. Our tour guide found a baby sloth...SO CUTE!! We were so excited to finally see a sloth in the wild. And he was seriously the cutest thing ever. Then on the boat we saw howler monkeys (also SO cute), caymans (little crocodiles basically), turtles, iguanas, lizards, birds, fish, butterflies, etc. It was SO awesome and fulfilled our wildlife desires for the trip!! 😊

The next day, we took a ziplining tour. This was AMAZING. We were hesitant at first, as we have already done ziplining in the past, but we are SO glad we went!! We were seriously ridiculously high in the air and the view of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal were absolutely fantastic. The rush was great too!! I was pretty nervous but Ian looked like a pro. As always, eh??

Today we went canyoning....rapelling down waterfalls!!! There were 5 or so waterfalls (some were dry) to rapell down and it was challenging but by FAR the best experience ever!! The hiking in-between the waterfalls was very complicated... lots of rock climbing & river trekking... we were in the river the whole time; very wet! The very last waterfall was about 110 feet high and there was no rapelling, just jumping of a ledge (backwards!) and letting go!! It was INSANE. It even gave Ian a bit of an adrenaline rush! I think I screamed insanely loudly but that's okay. I did get a rope burn on my arm which definitely sucks but it was WELL worth it. I can't wait to come back and do it again!!

Tomorrow morning we depart La Fortuna for San Jose where we'll hang out at the hotel all day and go to bed early because we have a very early flight in the morning. We should be in San Diego around midnight on Monday (well, Tuesday) after two flights (ugh...still hate flying by the way) and one train from LAX to San Diego.

We have had SUCH an amazing honeymoon and seriously cannot wait to come back...hopefully next time with friends or family!!

Thanks for reading.... catch ya next trip!! (OR if you're lucky, I'll remember to post a photo blog when we are back home!)

Advertisement



16th April 2011

ME!ME!
Okay, I am sooooo jealous!!! I wanna be the friend and/or family you go back to Costa Rica with!!!! Seriously. Can't wait to see the pictures!!!!! Love you guys!!!! L
17th April 2011

AWESOME
That sounds completely AWESOME!! We definitely need to take a friend's trip there or somewhere equally awesome!!

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb