Cataratas la Fortuna


Advertisement
Published: December 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

This morning's trip to the waterfall was awesome. After Walt and I shared an omlette for breakfast, we caught a taxi to the entrance of the park where the waterfall is. Admission had gone up from what my book said. It was $10 pp to enter but worth it. The falls were BEAUTIFUL!

It was about a 10-15 minute walk down to the base of the waterfall. Once you got there, you were amazed and the grandness of this waterfall. It is HUGE. We posed for a few pictures, then were daring enough to enter the water. We didn't swim in the actual section where the waterfall was (as the water is too strong there) but we swam further down stream where others were swimming. The water was SUPER cold and it was a cloudy, drizzling day, but Walt was first to jump in, saying that we were only there to experience it once; so true.

A few more pics and it was a MUCH more difficult hike back up the very steep steps. Once we reached to top, we shouted in victory and bought some more water!

We decided to save a few bucks on the taxi, and because it was an overcast day (and ALL downhill!) we decided to walk back to town. It took us an hour and 10 minutes but it was a nice walk and we were glad to get the exercise.

Once back in town, we stopped at a restaurant where Walt and I shared sushi and chicken with rice. We're eating well this trip! We've also decided that we're going to cook our own lunches and dinners at the next hostels that have shared kitchens in order to save some money.

We came back to the hostel, and despite still being wet and cold (but we already had our suits on!) went for a swim in the cold pool. I then took the nicest HOT shower for about 20 minutes and now Walt and I plan on relaxing, getting some dinner and then hanging out for the night at the hostel.

Tomorrow is an 8:30 pick up at the hostel for our "jeep-boat-jeep" ride to Monteverde. It's a MUCH shorter way to get there and it's apparently beautiful scenary. It'll be like a tour in itself but also getting us to the next town. Should be good.

Hope everyone at home is well. Miss you all this time of year.
Merry Christmas.
Pura Vida!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

FallsFalls
Falls

Loving my waterproof camera that I can take it in water for photos like this. I was totally freaking everyone out though


24th December 2009

Merry Christmas to you Sarah ! Sounds like you're having a wonderful time on your travels. All the best to you in 2010.
2nd January 2010

Worth a thousand words
Hi Sarah, I'm rereading your blogs since you've added the photos. Scenery is beautiful. It's so true - a picture is worth a thousand words (this from a words guy). Anyway, it's clear you're having a good time and that all is well. I'm still tracking the MEL story on a daily basis. Hopefully, 2010 will be a better year for beloved Honduras. Stay safe. God bless. All my love, as always, now and forever. XXX OOO DAD

Tot: 0.292s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 17; qc: 77; dbt: 0.1858s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb