Day 53 - Alajuela, Costa Rica


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica » Alajuela » Alajuela
February 25th 2011
Published: February 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

For the record, this is the first entry of our trip, but we will go back and fill in what we have done so far.

Current status - living with our host family in Alajuela, attending Colegio Santa Teresa, a private school (K-12) where the boys are taking classes in Spanish and English (and wearing smart uniforms) and Dianne ad Chris are volunteering doing whatever is needed.

Chris is at home for the third day in a row after a stomach upset and so has been unable to deliver his presentation on airplanes that he has been preparing for the last couple of weeks. Oh well.

Rory has also missed three days of school and has gone to the doctor, who thinks he has strep throat as well as an upset stomach that had him worshipping the porcelain god nine times on Wednesday.

Dianne has been teaching first grade this week. She is not used to teaching that age and finds it exhausting and a little frustrating.

Ridley has been surviving well in Spanish classes (think he understands more than he lets on) and getting to know his classmates, some of whom speak a little English. He is still in touch with all his friends in the US through facebook and last night was using his ipod for a video chat. Times have changed....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb