Savannah Bay


Advertisement
Published: October 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Are you tired of hearing about deserted beaches with crystal blue waters and soft as can be sand? Well too bad - here's one more for you to salivate over! Savannah Bay is two bays over from Maho Bay (where Mango Bay Resort is located). We stopped by to catch the sunset there one evening and met an American bulldog named Captain. He is not a swimmer like our Salty, but he loves to jump and play in the surf! His master owns Top o' the Baths. On our last full day on VG once the diving was done, we spent the afternoon here. Again, we were the only ones on the beach. It was terrific!

We also went to Spring Bay in the morning, which has some of the large boulders like the Baths, but without the tourists. J took a nap in a 4'x20' strip of sand in the shade between two large boulders.

The final pictures are from our hotel beach at Mango Bay. There was a large ball of baitfish that hung out there each night and we saw over 30 pelicans feeding every evening. We went out snorkeling one evening in the large group of fish and it was like being in a shimmering cloud of millions of tiny fish. We got out of the water when we saw the large barracudas, tarpin, and the fins of small sharks also joining in.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

North End of Virgin GordaNorth End of Virgin Gorda
North End of Virgin Gorda

Richard Branson's island, Necker Island, is the furthest island away.
Hurricane HoleHurricane Hole
Hurricane Hole

This man made area is where you put boats when hurricanes blow through.
Cactus to ReefCactus to Reef
Cactus to Reef

Virgin Gorda is a dry island, with no lakes or rivers.
Savannah Bay IsthmusSavannah Bay Isthmus
Savannah Bay Isthmus

This bay is on the other side of the isthmus.
Savannah ShadowSavannah Shadow
Savannah Shadow

The end of a long, hard day at the beach.
Parking LotParking Lot
Parking Lot

From the parking lot at Savannah Bay.
Full MoonFull Moon
Full Moon

Savannah Bay at night under a full moon. The long exposure blurs the clouds and ocean.


19th October 2006

So What!
Big deal: sand and clear water. We've got that in spades here in Thailand, but the food is better! Sheesh. Get out of that God Forsaken place and get to Thailand quick! Looking forward to your arrival. We have booked a Bangkok riverside Thai sound and lights drama production for you (and us) after your arrival. Khun Dang will pick you up at the new airport.
10th March 2008

Beautiful!!
Thanks for the incredible pictures!! We'll be going next winter and can't wait to set foot on Savannah Bay sand!!!

Tot: 0.472s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 28; qc: 152; dbt: 0.1777s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb