Belize to Honduras to Nicaragua


Advertisement
Published: February 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Friday 20th Jan - Placencia to San Pedro Sula, Honduras
Todays boat ride was most definitely not for the faint hearted or for those susceptible to sea sickness. Imagine dropping your washing machine into a bath and it managing to float whilst still functioning properly and repeatedly bouncing up and down on it for 2 hours and you go a small way to getting the feel for it. Having arrived in Honduras shaken and stirred we jumped onto our 1st air conditioned bus and headed to the industrial capital of the country, San Pedro Sula. Our hotel, La Posada, was extremely nice as were our hosts Alex and his wife, for the brief time we were there.

Saturday 21st Jan - SPS to Managua, Nicaragua
A 3.45am alarm call and who thought that travelling was all sun, sand and sea. Our driver Oscar dropped us at the recently completed central bus station and we checked in for our 14 hour Tica bus ride to Nicaragua. A fairly uneventful journey other than making the big mistake of buying a ham and cheese croissant along the way and suffering from acute stomach pains for a short while. The Nicaraguan border customs officials managed to add an hour onto our journey after they asked everyone on our bus of 30 or so to empty out into a nice sweaty waiting area along with all our luggage whilst they spent an age managing to look in our bags for about 2 seconds each until they waved us on. I guess they were hoping to find someones bags either full of bank notes or the magic white powder that they could then kindly confiscate and redistribute to the masses. We arrived after 7pm at a nice hotel in Managua, Hostel Dulce Hogar, who unfortunately had their smart arse son on reception.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb