Belize baby!


Advertisement
Published: August 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Before i get into how beautiul this beach is, let me start with the negatives. First, it took us for fucking ever to get here! we drove (4hours) from honduras to puerto barrios, a port city in guatemal. We were hoping to catch a boat to punta gorda, belize but we got to puerto barrios too late. puerto barrios was ugly, dirty, hot, full of dust and smog from the freights and buses and there were 10000000 men and like, 2 women. so, we decided to take a trip to livinsgton, guatmala, and stay the night there and leave to belize from there the next morining. Livingston was nice. it was cool to hear black guatemalans great me with a "que onda, rasta". after a 30 min boat ride, we found a hotel, had dinner and whent for a walk. it was like i had gone to the caribbean. that night it rained like i had never seen it rain before. it was crazy to me but natives where walkin around like nothing was going on. next morning, we caught a boat to puerto gordo, belize (45 mins). then from there we took a 2 hour bus ride on a bumpy ass dirt road to placencia beach. It was hot and humid and i had to pee all the way there. we finally got there. we are staying in a cabana 50 feet from the ocean. clear, warm water, clean sandy beach, and the peeps here are amazing. all crazy nice. its mostly black folks and mayan people. its weird, the mayans dont speak spanish, they speak english and their mayan language. hardly anyone here speaks spanish. anyway, we spent the rest of the day under a palm tree, reading and driking, every so often taking a dip. wonderful. like i said this place is beautiful, but its hot and humid ALL THE FUCKING TIME. you go to sleep dripping with sweat and you wake up the same. ive been sweating non stop for 3 days now. it is beautiful, but im not a tropical dude. im ready to leave NOW. i will try to post pics but the net is kinda slow so idont know if i will be able to. we are thinkin of leaving earlier than we planned to and head out to cooler coban, guate to the biotopo del quetzal. we are also thinking of skiping going to antigua for our last two days and staying in downtown guate so we can visit so art galleries and do other city type stuff. oh, and we are plannig to visit family durring the last 2 or three days here.

Advertisement



13th August 2007

thats whus up fam.!
what a greta experience it seems yall are having, and almost felt like i was there fro a brief sec while readn ur blog... keep up the thrilln' stories., love yall. be safe. PEACE.!

Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1108s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb