Adventure Day


Advertisement
Published: March 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Had a problem with golf cart at first. The lights weRe funky. Got a new one and we were off to the north end of Ambwrgris Key. We ended up driving miles into oblivion but every once in a while we ended up at these vEry cool resorts. The first one we stopped at was the Sundiver Resort. This is mostly for divers. We stayed for a few drinks and talked it up with the locals there.

Off to the next resort Capricorn and we ran into a group of Americans. One of thecouples was from Birch Run Michigan. After that we stopped at a couple of store/restaurants. At the store in Mata Grande the lady dishing out cole slaw was spooning it out of a plastic tub that was labelled tile grout.

We just had to stop at Las Palapas for some food and drinks. We ran into two couples that we had met on Sunday. They were staying at Ruby's with us. El Stupido didn't remember meeting them the first time and we had a great time remembering our first encounter. Their names are Jake & Erin and Josh & Kate. They were so much fun. I was lazing in the inner tubes that are roped off and Josh had the biggest cannonball right near me. Luckily I covered my beer but El Stupido's hat took the brunt off the hit. Bam!! We aLso met two other couples. One couple was from Arizona Jim and Holly took some good pics of the cannonballs. Jim even joined in on a doublecannonball with Josh. Jay & Ali from Minnesota (El Stupido gets a bit hazy here). We had a ton of fun there. While you lay in your tube they drop your beer down by rope some 15 feet above you. Beer in and beer out. Too convenient.

Too funny! From there we headed to the Funky Monkey for a quick one then off to Coco Loco. This is where our friend Julie knows the owner. Her name iS Donna Miller but when I typed her name in my phone it auto corrected to Dunna Mullerwhich sounds sexier. Had a few more there then it was din din time. A couple we met at Coco's Susan & Ron from Lake of the Woods Ontario met us at Legends forburgers. The line up was at least 11/2 hrs. Never mind! Homeward bound. Ate dinner at 10 pm at The Wild Mango. Ihard the fish of the day yahoo. It was delicious. Add a couple of glasses of Merlot and put me to bed.

Long day. Had no fun at all lol slept like a baby. This vacationing is hard work.



Adios

E S

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0865s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb