Background: Territorial disputes between the UK and Guatemala delayed the independence of Belize (formerly British Honduras) until 1981. Guatemala refused to recognize the new nation until 1992. Tourism has become the mainstay of the economy. The country remains plagued by high unemployment, growing involvement in the South American drug trade, and increasing urban crime.
Blogs from Belize City
Latest Blogs from Belize City
- February 23rd 2014 Western Caribbean
by Words: 391 Photos: 4
- February 4th 2014 Rum Punch under a Coconut Tree in The Caribbean
by Words: 1103 Photos: 37
- December 6th 2013 Belize city street comedy
by Words: 1001 Photos: 0
- December 3rd 2012 Welcome to Belize
by Words: 822 Photos: 0
- October 19th 2012 Belize
by Words: 2426 Photos: 18
- April 29th 2012 Belize city to Dangriga
by Words: 957 Photos: 0
- November 9th 2011 Belize Lamanai Ruins
by Words: 559 Photos: 0
- October 5th 2011 Cruise! Oct 5, 2011 - Belize
by Words: 250 Photos: 11
- July 16th 2011 Going Bananas in Guatemala!
by Words: 574 Photos: 20
- July 16th 2011 Get out of Cancun, Good times in Tulum, Dam we didnt research Belize City, Thank God for Caye Caulker!
by Words: 1265 Photos: 0
- January 4th 2011 Belize y Honduras
by Words: 550 Photos: 7
- December 14th 2010 River, Jungle & Cave Exploration . . .
by Words: 446 Photos: 25
- March 26th 2010 Fotos Cd. de Belice, BELICE.
by Words: 1460 Photos: 15
- January 16th 2010 Belize
by Words: 208 Photos: 4
- November 19th 2009 Belize City
by Words: 448 Photos: 3
- July 16th 2009 I can´t belize we had to leave Belize!!!
by Words: 995 Photos: 10
- April 15th 2009 Belize, the Jewel
by Words: 482 Photos: 11
- February 26th 2009 Belize City
by Words: 144 Photos: 10
- December 24th 2008 I don't Belize it
by Words: 1791 Photos: 52
- December 9th 2008 I found Elvis in Belize City!
by Words: 190 Photos: 37