Goodbye Belize


Advertisement
Published: October 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We got up this morning and headed out to grab some breakfast. We walked down to Glenda's and shared some scrambled eggs and these thick slices of sausage. We also tried their homemade cinnamon rolls. They were pretty good - no icing like at home, but fresh and warm. Glenda's is on Back St, and was just inside a little house with only a few tables.
We then headed back to the hotel to shower and begin packing. It took longer than I thought to organize everything in our packs. While we were packing we heard big booming thunder and looked outside. There were very dark clouds headed out way. We got everything packed up finally and went to check out.
It started to rain very lightly as we walked over to the water taxi dock. We put our luggage on the car and walked down to the end of the dock (which had a little roof over it) to wait for the boat. It started to rain pretty hard and I was worried about what a choppy ride we would have back to Belize City. A German guy came down to wait for the water taxi and we got to talking and found out we were on the same flight to Houston, so we decided to share a cab to the airport.
The boat shows up and we get onto it and it's crammed. Since it's raining, none of the windows are open and it was a really hot trip back. As we were getting off the boat a girl asks us if we are going to the airport and if she can share a cab with us. We said sure, and the four of us got our luggage and found a cab.
The taxi ride was quick and we got to the airport. Everything was fast there - no lines. We had a little time to kill so we walked around and perused the few shops there were. We ate our leftover pizza, and it was still tasty. So good in fact, that some girls asked us where we had found pizza in the airport, and we had to inform them we hadn't.
Got onto the plane and it was empty. We had our row to ourselves. It was a quick flight over to Houston, where we only had 90 minutes to get through immigration, grab our bags, go through customs, and re-check our bags. Luckily we were near the front of the plane and moved quickly to immigration. Also there was no line at immigration or customs (which is not what people had told us to expect) so we moved super quick. I felt so relieved! I was worried about making our connecting flight home. While we were waiting at the gate, we saw the girls we had met on our first night at Caye Caulker. We talked to them until it was time board the plane.
Our flight back to San Francisco was packed and seemed to take forever, which made landing feel that much better. It felt good to be home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb