First weekend on Caye Caulker


Advertisement
Published: February 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

poolsidepoolsidepoolside

group photo of our new friends
Hard to believe we're done with our first week here. Saturday morning started around the pool...a little earlier than usual for all of us....except for one.....Senor Fred. A few folks went out for breakfast..I stayed and had coffee and pastry served in the hotel bar. The boys went to wake up Fred with a group snuggle on our bed...Dani and I documented the whole bawdy event. The boys had to pack their bags...checkout is 10 AM and be ready for the afternoon water taxi to San Pedro on Ambergris Caye. The cocktails started and Jeremy had his first "Granny panty ripper"...our own concotion....same as a panty ripper but with a floater of dark rum. Fred had joined us by then and suggested adding a tootsie roll to the granny panty ripper for effect...what a guy! He also said you could serve it in something that looked like a cruise ship and it would be called a "Panty liner". What a guy...he needed to go back to bed after that comment..

We all hugged and said our sad goodbyes to the boys. They're in New York for two weeks in Feb. and we plan on getting together for a visit. Jeremy is the only one with winter clothes...think we may have to donate hats and gloves to Luke and Jarrod.

Fred felt like having some lunch so we went to "The Happy Lobster". Well Fred's stomach still wasn't very happy so the rest of the day and evening were very quiet. Fred finally went to the local mini-mart for some Pepto Bismol and that helped. Dani planned a trip to San Pedro for tomorrow so we'll go along and the boys will meet us at the water taxi dock...we hope!


On Sunday, Dani went with us for breakfast at Cafe Amore. Dani can eat like there's no tomorrow and somehow maintains her very slim figure. Oh to be 22 again!!! Fred was feeling much better this morning and ordered a waffle which he managed to flood with maple syrup. The fruit here is sooo good...the bananas are much sweeter than the ones we get at home. Fresh watermelon, pineapple, star fruit and cantalope are available at the many fruit stands on Caye Caulker. Some have blenders at the ready to make smoothies.

Lyndsay met us at the hotel and we took the 10:30 AM water taxi
Jeremy and SharkieJeremy and SharkieJeremy and Sharkie

I think they're going to have separation anxiety
to San Pedro. It was named "Ocean Runner" giving Fred and I flashbacks to the infamous "Rum Runner" on St. John. The boys did meet us, Belikins in hand, at the dock. I thought it was so funny that we all ended up staying in last night and watching the same movie on TV..."Dark Knight". I guess the Aussie boys aren't quite the party animals they'd like us to believe they are.

We did some shopping but it was so hot we went for an early lunch at Estel's on the beach in San Pedro. Sharkie received more abuse and the boys keep threatening to kidnap him and take him home with them. No way guys...get your own! There was a small band playing at Estel's and we really enjoyed their music. After lunch we walked north along the beach and found a pier where the sea grass had been dredged out and locals were swimming. Dani has sea grass phobia and refused to get anywhere near it. She's convinced it's going to swallow her up and kill her. Jeremy decided to do a cannon ball close enought to Lyndsay to get her hair all wet. The war was
Jarrod's new gonadsJarrod's new gonadsJarrod's new gonads

a young local boy climbed one of the coconut trees just outside of our cabana and dropped coconuts for us. Jarrod found new uses for two of them. One of the hotel employees got his machete and opened one so we could try the coconut liquid.
on and Jeremy was on the run. She finally caught him on the dock and Luke ended up pushing both Lyndsay and Jeremy off into the water. We hugged the boys goodbye and hurried to catch the 1 PM taxi back to Caye Caulker.

Spent the afternoon reading poolside, made reservations to go on a snorkeling tour tomorrow morning with the girls, and had pizza for dinner....really good too! Stopped at the "Sports Bar" to watch the Super Bowl. Fred didn't remember buying squares until he saw his name on the chart. Funny thing was they had 10 instead of 0 on the chart and the bar owner just couldn't understand why that was wrong. Didn't stay too long because the place was packed. Tried watching the game on the hotel tv but the channel was all snowy. Caught the recap after the game ended...so glad to see the Packers won....YAY!!!!! Early to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Fred's flooded waffleFred's flooded waffle
Fred's flooded waffle

breakfast at Amore Cafe
Ocean RunnerOcean Runner
Ocean Runner

water taxi to San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
The SplitThe Split
The Split

view of The Split and the Lazy Iguana from the water
Family photoFamily photo
Family photo

Dani, Sharkie, Lyndsay, Fred
Sharkie and Luke at Estel's in San Pedro Sharkie and Luke at Estel's in San Pedro
Sharkie and Luke at Estel's in San Pedro

Sharkie enjoys a Belikin with us at lunch.
Sharkie's going to need another BelikinSharkie's going to need another Belikin
Sharkie's going to need another Belikin

Marie Sharp's habanero sauce in on every table in every restaurant in Belize. There are at least 4 different strengths but this is the most common one.
bumper sticker on ceiling of Estel'sbumper sticker on ceiling of Estel's
bumper sticker on ceiling of Estel's

we never thought we'd see a sign for Bike Week at Laconia, NH. Snuffy...are you sure you haven't been here?????
Last group photo opLast group photo op
Last group photo op

Fred, Jeremy, Luke, Lyndsay, Sharkie, Jarrod and Dani after lunch at Estel
Lyndsay with dry hairLyndsay with dry hair
Lyndsay with dry hair

Jeremy, Lyndsay and Luke
Dani and Lyndsay with wet hairDani and Lyndsay with wet hair
Dani and Lyndsay with wet hair

Dani and Lyndsay after Jeremy wispered..."I'm not taking any more of her shit"...jumped off the dock, did a cannon ball landing right next to Lyndsay. She absolutely hates to get all her hair wet.


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb